Sunday, June 16, 2013

In Memory of Wonderful Anna

Sorry it has been so long, but I have been dealing with the death of one of my clients, Anna, who past away June 4th, 2013 of  Stage Four Pancreatic Cancer, it took only 10 days from the day she was diagnosed to pass away, during that time myself as well as many others worked around the clock to monitor her pain level and make sure she was comfortable when she passed. She was only 63. I am still coping as Anna touched many lives including mine. In my line of work I have dealt with many sad times but this is the first death I have had to deal with since I worked as a NAR on the Alzheimer's, Dementia unit when I was in my early twenties. Now being 37 it still is hard. This has been a shock and tragedy to us all as it was such a short time. I still love what I do and even more since I have been able to witness the love and support of the company I work for. Everyone showed so much care and love to her in her last days and I just smile when I imagine her without pain or suffering and walking on the streets of Gold in heaven. Anna was a wonderful, caring person and I am just so blessed to have been able to have gotten the chance to know her and work with her. Anna you will be missed but I know I will see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment