Sunday, April 14, 2013

8 Steps To A Memorable Gift

Here are the items needed for this tutorial. You will need a shadow box of your choice of size, I used a 8 by 10 for mine.
You will need your photos and your selection of background, since this is a Rome theme I have chosen the St. Peter's Basilica because it is a well known Rome attraction.

The card stock I used is called European Travel and it can be found at Michael's craft store. 



I also bought Rome themed 3d embellishments which were $3.99 at Michael's.





Take your shadow box and take off the backing. My shadow box came with Velcro on the back, this came easy when it was time to add my background all I did was add the Velcro to the card stock and I was able to move it into place. Cut your card stock or background down so that it will fit into the shadow box.



 







If you'd like you can add 3d tabs to your background for a 3d effect as seen in the picture here. Notice how the St.Peter's Basilica grabs your attention?I also did this to the angel statue.

 


To add a 3d effect it is quite simple, just cut out your picture and add the 3d tabs.

 I used two pieces of the same card stock and just cut out the St.Peter's Basilica and the angel statue then added 3d tabs to make them stick out.

 I also did the same with the added photos and Rome embellishment. You can also add extra embellishments to the outside as I did here.

 
For an antiqued look you can also burn the edges of the paper, BE CAREFUL NOT TO LET THE FIRE GO TOO LONG OR YOUR PROJECT WILL GO UP IN SMOKE!!!!  Make sure you have supervision if you are not old enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment