Friday, May 17, 2013

Crafting Gives Freedom

OK,  so I have to tell ya I am a newbie to this blogging thing. I have tried a lot of things to perk up my blog and I will probably be trying out more in the future. I started this blog because I wanted to share ideas about crafting that I have picked up along the way and teach new crafts. I am myself self-taught and usually what happens is I see something that sparks an interest and I just try it.Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't but that's life. You learn by making mistakes. I love doing crafts. There's just a sense of freedom even when there is chaos around you. It calms me, it keeps me sane. I have a sense of belonging. Crafting also helps me to feel better about myself; accomplishment. The best thing about crafting is that there is no right or wrong way to create, it's like your the artist and the inspiration around you is your palette. Anyone can create beauty. I like to look at the past for inspiration, I love vintage. There's just something about that era. Something romantic, something innocent and pure. I am going to try more vintage crafts. My plans are to do Melissa's, my niece, wedding shadow box, also been asked to do another shadow box for my boss Veniesha, and I still have to make pillows for our new bedding. I also want to make a large supply of cards, exploding purse cards, boxes, and more so that if I ever go to a craft fair I am prepared; however, that will have to wait for now. June 29th isn't far off and I need to have that gift done as well as a card. I will start that tomorrow. Then I will do Veniesha's next. I will take really good pictures to show the final result. Until then, many blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment